1. Welcome to CloudGenic Network.
("CloudGenic Network", "we", "us") provides cloud storage and communication services. We provide services ourselves and via our related or affiliated entities, payment processors and resellers who act on our behalf, at our website at https://cloudgenic.net, subdomains and related sites ("website"), and our application programming interface (“API”). Using CloudGenic Network, you and other users can encrypt your files and data by way of user-controlled encryption ("UCE"), upload, access, store, manage, share, communicate, download and decrypt files, information, material, and other data (all of which we call "data" in these terms) and give access to that data to others (all together, "services" and each, a "service"). If you have questions about how to use our services or the great things you can do with CloudGenic Network, email us at or check our contact page for details of who to contact.
2. These terms are binding and apply to any use of the services and website by you and anyone who you allow to access your data or our services. By using our services, the website, you and they irrevocably agree to these terms. If you do not like these terms or don't want to be bound, you can't use our services and the website. In particular, OUR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED SUBJECT TO CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS BY US AND UNDERTAKINGS BY YOU, INCLUDING AN INDEMNITY FROM YOU IF YOU BREACH THESE TERMS. EUROPEAN LAW AND ARBITRATION OF ANY DISPUTES APPLIES EXCLUSIVELY
3. We can change these terms at any time by providing you at least 30 days prior notice of the change, whether via our website, by sending you an email or via any messaging service we provide. Your continued use after that notice means that you agree to the changed terms. If you have paid for a subscription that is due to expire after that 30 day notice period and you do not wish to continue to use our services under the new terms, you may terminate your subscription before the new terms come into force. We will then (but not otherwise) refund the unexpired portion of your subscription payment within 30 days and close your account. For more information about refunds, recurring paid subscriptions and their termination, see the refund policy.
4. If you comply with these terms, then we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide licence to access and use our services via the website and our API if applicable, in accordance with these terms and any plan you have subscribed for.
5. If you allow others to access your data (e.g. by giving them a link to, and a key to decrypt, that data), in addition to them accepting these terms, you are responsible for their actions and omissions while they are using our services and you agree to fully indemnify us for any claim, loss, damage, fine, costs (including our legal fees) and other liability if they breach any of these terms.
6. You must maintain copies of all data stored by you on our services. We do not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of data or the services will be bug free. You should download all data prior to termination of services.
7. Our service may automatically (without us viewing the file content) delete a file you upload, store, access or share where it determines that the file is an exact duplicate of a file already on our service (a process usually referred to as deduplication). In that case, the original file will be accessed by you and any other user and that file will be retained as long as any user has a right to access it under these terms. Any right of deletion that you exercise will not apply to a deduplicated file that is associated with another user.
8. We will store your data on our service subject to these terms and any plan you subscribe to. If you choose to stop using our services, you must download your data first because after that we may, if we wish, delete it. If we suspend or terminate our services to you because you have breached these terms, or someone you have given access to has breached these terms, during the term of that suspension we may, if we wish, delete your data immediately or deny you access to your data but keep it for evidential purposes. In circumstances where we cease providing our services for other reasons, we will, if we consider it appropriate, it is reasonably practicable and we are not prevented by law or likely to incur any liability in doing so, give you 30 days' notice to retrieve your data.
9. Once you have subscribed to a plan for our services (with payment having been made via the website or one of our related or affiliated entities, payment processors and resellers), you need to pay the fees (if any) for that plan (and any other taxes or duties). No matter which reseller or related or affiliated entity of CloudGenic Network you make payment to, your contract for services is with CloudGenic Network and is governed exclusively by these terms and our policies referenced in these terms. We can also change the fees for our services (other than those you have already contracted and paid for) at any time if we give you notice. In the absence of manifest error or other lawful error, you can't withhold payment or claim any set-off without getting our written agreement.
10. If at any time you do not make a payment to us when you are supposed to (including on termination), we can (and this doesn't affect any other rights we may have against you):
- suspend or terminate your use of the service and/or;
11. You must:
- where you have subscribed for a service, always give us and keep up to date, your correct contact and any billing details.
- comply with these terms and any other agreements you have with us.
- comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules when using the website, our services and with respect to any data you upload, access or share using our services/
12. You can't:
- assign or transfer any rights you have under these terms to any other person (including by sharing your password with someone else) without our prior written consent;
- do anything that would damage, disrupt or place an unreasonable burden on our website or service or anyone else's use of our website or a service including but not limited to denial of service attacks or similar;
- infringe anyone else's intellectual property (including but not limited to copyright) or other rights in any data;
- resell or otherwise supply our services to anyone else without our prior written consent;
- use our website, API, or any service, including, without limitation, any communication tools available through the website, or our API, or any forum, chat facility or message centre that we provide:
- to store, use, download, upload, share, access, transmit, or otherwise make available, data in violation of any law in any country (including to breach copyright or other intellectual property rights held by us or anyone else);
- to send unwelcome communications of any kind (including but not limited to unlawful unsolicited commercial communications) to anyone (e.g. spam or chain letters);
- to abuse, defame, threaten, stalk or harass anyone, or to harm them.
- to store, use, download, upload, share, access, transmit, or otherwise make available, unsuitable, offensive, obscene or discriminatory information of any kind;
- to run any network scanning software, spiders, spyware, robots, open relay software or similar software;
- to upload anything or otherwise introduce any spyware, viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bombs or bots or any other damaging items which could interfere with our, or anyone else's, network, device or computer system;
- to use any software or device which may hinder the services (like mail bombs, war dialing, automated multiple pinging etc.);
- to attempt to gain unauthorised access to any services other than those to which you have been given express permission to access; or
- to impersonate anyone or to try to trick or defraud anyone for any reason (e.g. by claiming to be someone you are not).
13. If you register with us, you will need to use a password in conjunction with your specific account email address. You need to make sure your password is secure, not used by you on other sites and confidential. Make sure you tell us straight away if you think or know someone else has used your password or there has been any other security breach. We will hold you responsible for anything done using your account and password. MAKE YOUR PASSWORD A STRONG ONE AND KEEP IT SECURE. We are not responsible if someone else gains access to your computer or other device and/or your CloudGenic Network password and/or encryption keys for any files. Intellectual Property
14. You are not allowed to, and you can't let anyone else (including in particular any user within a business account of which you are administrator), use, copy, alter, distribute, display, licence, modify or reproduce, reverse assemble, reverse compile, communicate, share, transmit or otherwise make available, (whether digitally, electronically, by linking, or in hard copy or by any means whatsoever), any of our code, content, copyright materials, intellectual property or other rights without getting our permission in writing, other than in order to use our services as intended or as allowed under any open source licences under which we use intellectual property provided by others. The open source code that we use, where we obtained it, and licences for that code, are all referenced on our website.
15. Without limiting any other provision of these terms, you are only permitted to directly and specifically use the API if you register at the developer registration page and agree that you may only publish or make available your application after we have approved it pursuant to our application approval process and licence agreement available on the API request page.
16. You own, or undertake that you are authorised to use, any intellectual property in any data you store on, use, download, upload, share, access, transmit or otherwise make available to or from, our systems or using our services. You grant us a worldwide, royalty-free licence to use, store, back-up, copy, transmit, distribute, communicate, modify and otherwise make available, your data, solely for the purposes of enabling you and those you give access to, to use our services and for any other purpose related to provision of the services to you and them.
17. We respect the copyright of others and require that users of our services comply with copyright laws. You are strictly prohibited from using our services to infringe copyright. You may not upload, download, store, share, access, display, stream, distribute, e-mail, link to, communicate, transmit, or otherwise make available any files, data, or content that infringes any copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
18. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your content has been copied or used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please use the DMCA form to request a takedown.
19. We reserve the right to remove data alleged to be infringing without prior notice, at our sole discretion, and without liability to you. In appropriate circumstances, we will also terminate your account if we consider you to be a repeat infringer.
20. We process all takedown notices based on good faith acceptance of the representations from the party submitting the takedown notice. We do not review the material before processing the takedown notice.
21. You may file a counter-notice if you believe that access to a file you have uploaded has been wrongly disabled because it was the subject of an incorrect takedown notice. You should only do so if you are confident that no other party owns copyright in the material, or you have rights to store the material and, if you are sharing it, that you have the right to do so.
22. Please understand that:
- When we receive your counter-notice, we pass it, including your address and other contact information, to the party who issued the original takedown notice. By submitting your counter-notice you authorise us to do so.
- Filing a counter-notification may lead to legal proceedings between you and the complaining party.
- If, when using this counter-notice process, you make a false or bad faith allegation or otherwise breach these terms or any of our policies and that causes us any loss, costs (including legal costs), damages or other liability, we reserve the right to claim for and recover from you that loss, those costs (including full legal costs on a solicitor-client basis), damages and other liability, by deduction from any balance in our account and the jurisdiction of the address in your counter-notice.
- We provide this counter-notice process voluntarily for the purposes of all applicable copyright takedown and counter-notice regimes, but, in doing so, we do not submit to any jurisdiction, law, tribunal or court other than those of European Law, as set out in these terms. We may amend, suspend or withdraw this counter-notice process at any time, provided that any counter-notices in train at that time shall continue to be processed.
23. By filing a counter-notice, you are deemed to have accepted the above terms. If you do not accept the above terms, do not file a counter-notice.
24. We will only accept a counter-notification directly from the user from whose account a folder or file has been disabled. Counter-notifications must be submitted from the email address associated with the CloudGenic Network account.
25. If we do not receive any further communication from or on behalf of the person who originally submitted the takedown notice, or any communication we do receive does not in our sole opinion adequately justify the original takedown notice, we may, but shall not be obliged to, reinstate the material in approximately 10-14 days provided we have no reason to believe that the material infringes copyright.
26. Nothing in this counter-notice section prejudices our right to remove or disable access to any material at any time, for any reason or no reason.
27. If you consider there has been some other infringement or breach of law, or of these terms, and wish to file a complaint, contact us at the relevant address on our contact page or email us at . We will generally require the same amount of detail as set out above for copyright infringement notices. See also our Takedown Guidance Policy.
28. You can terminate your access to our services at any time by following the 'Cancel subscription' link in the User Account section of the website. However, we will not provide any part-refund for any allowance not used on any subscription you may have.
29. We can immediately suspend or terminate your access to the website and our services without notice to you:
- if you breach any of these terms or any other agreement you or they have with us;
- at any time if you are not a registered user;
30. We may also terminate or suspend our services or any part of our services, for all users or for groups of users, without notice, at any time, for any reason or no reason.
31. All charges outstanding on your account must be paid at termination.
32. You may not use, export, re-export, import, or transfer any software or code supplied as part of your use of our services: (a) into any United States or European Union embargoed countries; or (b) to anyone listed as a specifically prohibited recipient by the United States Government or the European Union. By using the website and our services, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also will not use the website or our services for any purpose prohibited by United States, European Union or any other law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
33. If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. If we do not enforce any right or provision of these terms or if we in any instance grant any concession or indulgence, that will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision or obligate us to grant any concession or indulgence to anyone else.
34. We will not be liable by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of our obligations because of events beyond our reasonable control, which may include, without limitation, denial-of-service attacks, strikes, shortages, riots, insurrection, fires, flood, storm, explosions, acts of God, war, terrorism, governmental action, labour conditions, earthquakes, material shortages, extraordinary internet congestion or extraordinary connectivity issues or failure of a third party host, (each a "Force Majeure Event"). Upon the occurrence of a Force Majeure Event, we will be excused from any further performance of the obligations which are affected by that Force Majeure Event for so long as the event continues.
35. WE DON'T GIVE YOU ANY WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING ABOUT THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE WHICH ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". TO AVOID DOUBT, ALL IMPLIED CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED AS MUCH AS IS PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, SAFETY, RELIABILITY, DURABILITY, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
36. We will try to give you access to our website all the time, but we do not make any promises or provide you with a warranty that our website or the services will be without any faults, bugs or interruptions.
37. Whilst we intend that the services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the website or services may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place or be periodically interrupted for reasons outside our control.
38. Information on our website will change regularly. We will try to keep our website up to date and correct, but again, we do not make any promises or guarantees about the accuracy of the information on our website.
39. We do not warrant that the services will meet your requirements or that they will be suitable for any particular purpose.
40. You are the controller in respect of some data CloudGenic Network holds about you and CloudGenic Network is the processor, for General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) purposes. CloudGenic Network is the controller in respect of some other data. See our Privacy & Data Policy for more details. These terms, our Privacy & Data Policy and our Takedown Guidance Policy are the contract between us that governs our processing of that data. It is your sole responsibility to determine that the services meet the needs of you, your business or otherwise and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
41. We also aren't legally responsible for:
- any corruption or loss of data or other content which you or anyone else may experience after using our website or any problems you may have when you view or navigate our website;
- devices or equipment that we do not own or have not given you;
- any loss or damage if you do not follow our reasonable instructions, these terms, our Privacy & Data
- any actions or non-actions of other people which disrupt access to our website or our API, including the
- content and nature of any data that you upload, access or share;
- content of ads appearing on our website (including links to advertisers' own websites) as the advertisers are responsible for the ads and we don't endorse the advertisers' products;
- content of other people's websites even if a link to their website is included on our website.
42. You warrant that if you are accessing and using the services for the purposes of a business then, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction do not apply to the supply of the services, the website or these terms.
43. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE (THIS INCLUDES OUR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AGENTS AND AUTHORISED RESELLERS) ARE NOT LIABLE WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), EQUITY OR ON ANY OTHER GROUNDS TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, LOSS, COST OR EXPENSE, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INJURY TO PERSONS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR REVENUE, LOSS OF USE, LOST BUSINESS OR MISSED OPPORTUNITIES, WASTED EXPENDITURE OR SAVINGS WHICH YOU MIGHT HAVE HAD, DENIAL OF SERVICE OR ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE OR OUR API, OCCURRING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE USE OR ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON, OUR WEBSITE OR OUR API, OR THE SERVICES, AND BASED ON ANY TYPE OF LIABILITY INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTORY OR PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
44. YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY US AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, COSTS (INCLUDING ALL OUR LEGAL COSTS), EXPENSES, DEMANDS OR LIABILITY, DAMAGES AND LOSSES WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING IN EACH CASE NEGLIGENCE), OR EQUITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM BREACH BY YOU OR ANYONE YOU GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR DATA, OF ANY OF THESE TERMS OR ANY POLICY REFERENCED IN THESE TERMS.
45. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES, THEN YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO TERMINATE YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES AND THE CONTRACT YOU HAVE WITH US.
46. DESPITE THE ABOVE, IF ANY COURT OR OTHER COMPETENT AUTHORITY HOLDS US (THIS INCLUDES OUR OFFICERS, STAFF AND AGENTS) LIABLE FOR ANY MATTER RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR OUR SERVICES, OUR TOTAL COMBINED LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MOST RECENT SUBSCRIPTION AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO US.
47. Any and all disputes arising out of this agreement, its termination, or our relationship with you shall be determined by binding arbitration, by one arbitrator who shall be a lawyer knowledgeable in relevant technology matters appointed on a request by either you or us. The following terms apply to the arbitration in addition to those implied by Romanian law:
- Notice must be given to apply for any interim measure in the arbitration proceeding;
- The arbitration proceeding will commence when a request is made to appoint an arbitrator;
- The arbitration shall be in English. The Arbitrator shall permit the parties and witnesses to appear by videoconference that we will organise and pay for;
- We will pay the arbitrator's fees and expenses unless the arbitrator determines that you should meet some or all of those fees and expenses because your dispute is frivolous or vexatious.
48. The relationship we have with you under these terms and their interpretation and construction together with any dispute, suspension or termination arising out of or in connection with them, is governed exclusively by Romanian law. CloudGenic Network does not submit to any other jurisdiction other than Romania and Romanian law. You and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Romania.The parties agree to enforcement of the arbitral award and orders and any judgement in Romania and in any other country.
49. Unless otherwise provided by Romanian law or by a particular service offer, all purchases are final and non-refundable. If you believe that CloudGenic Network has charged you in error, you must contact us within 90 days of such charge. No refunds will be given for any charges more than 90 days old. We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future. This refund policy does not affect any statutory rights that may apply. If you have made a payment by mistake and have not used the subscription plan services, you must contact https://cloudgenic.net/contact or email us at within 24 hours. This will be acknowledged promptly and answered within 7 days.
50. Recurring subscriptions will renew indefinitely, either 30 days, 90 days or 180 days, based upon your chosen subscription period, unless the subscription is cancelled prior to a renewal date.
51. Recurring subscriptions established through the mobile app using in-app-purchase platforms should be cancelled through the relevant app store account directly. Any other recurring subscription should be cancelled by navigating to https://cloudgenic.net/user-account in your browser and click the 'Cancel Auto-Renewal' button (located on the bottom part of the page). Any payments processed after an effective subscription cancellation will be promptly refunded by us. If you cancel a paid subscription, but you maintain your CloudGenic Network account as a free account, access to your account may be restricted or blocked if the level of use is above the limits applying to free accounts at that time.
52. We reserve the right to disclose data and other information as required by law or any competent authority. Our approach is referenced in our Privacy & Data Policy and Takedown Guidance Policy, both of which are subject to these terms.
53. You and anyone else you give access to are also bound by our Privacy & Data Policy and Takedown Guidance Policy. By accepting these terms, you also accept our Privacy & Data Policy and Takedown Guidance Policy.
55. You can contact us by using the contact page or by email: . If we need to contact you or provide you with notice we will email you at the email address you have recorded in your account details and such notices will be valid and deemed to be received by you whether or not you are using that address.
56. CloudGenic Network employees, officers, agents, related companies and affiliates together with authorised suppliers of services to and authorised resellers of, our services, are entitled to the benefit of all indemnities and other provisions of these terms which are for the benefit of CloudGenic Network in these terms.
57. These terms, our Privacy & Data Policy and Takedown Guidance Policy, the terms of any plan you purchase and any other terms and policies expressly referenced in these terms, together constitute the entire agreement between us relating to your use of the website our API and our services. From the date they come into force, in respect of any use of any of our services after that, they supersede and replace any prior agreement, arrangement or understanding between you and us regarding the use of our services. No agreement, arrangement or understanding alleged to be made between us, or representation alleged to be made, by us or on our behalf, to you, if inconsistent with these terms, shall be valid unless agreed to in writing by an executive officer of CloudGenic Network.